24 Aug 2011

Snap on the go: leather goods


Snapped by : Annisa

at Part One Edward Hutabarat: Reflection, after show.
The Atrium, Sampoerna Strategic Square, Jakarta.

Stylish people are not created equal, especially in pulling off leather jackets. This is serious.Fundamental. Important (I can look up some more synonyms, if necessary).

And I think I could never wear one. Well, sometimes I would have that thought of buying a nice leather jacket (with horrifying price tag). Unfortunately, every time I go out with a stylish friend wearing a cool leather jacket, my other friend (who's of course not fashion-literate) would say "ojek-style, no?"

Hfft. Major turn off.

But, but, but, I think Dita here (hey, girl!) looks amazing. Leather jackets, indeed, carry strong masculine vibe, and Dita manages to combine the look with a printed top and a pair of platform heels, and don't forget her long-wavy hair do and that Chanel bag. Totally feminine. Yet, she picks shades of black. Very interesting pull between feminine and masculine items.

I know, I know, fashion is not rocket science. Some people think it's not necessarily that complicated.

But I don't believe that any rocket scientist can look as fierce as her.

(Annisa)

Penting banget nih: tidak semua stylish people bisa memakai leather jacket. Beneran deh. Dan saya rasa, saya salah satunya. Beberapa kali ada niat untuk beli leather jacket yang serius (yang harganya kadang memicu adrenalin, lalu dilanjutkan dengan rasa malu, karena tidak mampu beli). Tapi setiap kali saya pergi dengan teman yang sudah super gaya dan memakai leather jacket, pasti ada aja satu teman lainnya (yang tidak begitu mengerti fashion dan tren, tentu) yang akan berkata "kayak tukang ojek, ya...".

Jleb.

Tapi, saya rasa penampilan Dita (hai, Dita!) disini keren banget. Leather jacket memang selalu membawa masculine vibe yang kuat, dan Dita mengkombinasikannya dengan printed top dan platform heels, and don't forget her long-wavy hair do and that Chanel bag. Totally feminine. But, hey, shade warna yang dipilih Dita adalah hitam. Tarik menarik antara feminin dan maskulin? Smart.

I know, I know, fashion is not rocket science. Some people think it's not necessarily that complicated.

But I don't believe that any rocket scientist can look as fierce as her.

(Annisa)

No comments: