20 Aug 2011

Snap on the go: Nadia Hutagalung


Snapped by : Laila
Words by : Annisa

at Part One Edward Hutabarat: Reflection, after show.
The Atrium, Sampoerna Strategic Square, Jakarta.

I guess this is a basic teen-girl memory growing up in the late 90s: Nadia Hutagalung and MTV. When I was just a teenie weenie sixth-grader, I remember running, to catch up MTV Most Wanted (correct?) and to see Nadia reading requests for video clips. I remember her reading a letter in form of Titanic ship. I remember her being so proud being half-Bataknese. I remember when Indonesians took MTV Asia over by having her, Jamie Aditia, and Sarah Sechan. I mean it was down right awesomeness.

And now, after I've gone through changes and phases, over a decade later, she appeared exactly the same: asthonishingly beautiful and impossibly stylish. I don't think the concept of time really applies for her.

Sepertinya ini memori standar remaja cewek tahun 90an akhir: Nadia Hutagalung dan MTV. Waktu saya masih kelas 6 SD, saya ingat saya lari, terburu-buru, untuk bisa nonton Nadia Hutagalung membacakan surat-surat yang me-request video clip di MTV Most Wanted (benar kan nama acaranya itu?). Saya ingat Nadia membaca surat berbentuk kapal Titanic. Saya ingat kebanggaannya karena berdarah Batak. Saya ingat ketika MTV Asia dikuasai oleh orang Indonesia: Nadia Hutagalung, Jamie Aditia dan Sarah Sechan. Awesome.

Dan sekarang, sekitar lebih dari satu abad kemudian, setelah saya melewati begitu banyak fase kehidupan, Nadia masih sama: sangat cantik dan stylish. Seakan-akan, untuk Nadia, waktu tidak bergerak. Sama sekali.

No comments: